Long and exhausting journeys that are travelled on foot are known as trekking. It is undertaken as a recreational activity to explore places set in the wilderness and sometimes on higher altitudes like mountains or hills. Trekking may require people to cover large distances in unknown surroundings. Therefore, there are certain items that are needed by trekkers.
Important articles needed by trekkers are as follows:
- Clothing and shoes – Three layers of clothing, including base, insulation and water proofing are important for trekking. Boots and shoes designed for trekking can be used as they are equipped to last rough paths and even snow. Along with these, woolen socks, gloves and caps can be carried too.
- Dry sack – Trekking may involve facing difficult weather conditions such as rain and storm. A dry sack must be carried to protect items that need to be kept dry. Dry sacks are water proof, items like cameras and other electronic devices can be kept in them.
- Accessories – Accessories include the paraphernalia that are not absolutely necessary in other situations but with regard to trekking they can be deemed important. They include hiking poles, tents, sunglasses, maps, compass, sunblock, etc. Individuals can choose from a variety of Best Sunglasses for Trekking, which are widely available.
- Camera and batteries – People often come across beautiful sceneries while trekking. It is obvious that people must want to capture these moments through their cameras. Thus, cameras and the batteries and memory cards that support them become essentials for trekking. These batteries can also be used to work flash lights and other battery operated devices.
- First aid kits – Small accidents, cuts, rashes and insect bites are common while trekking. To deal with such situations it is important to carry antiseptic solutions, ointments, pest repellents, bandages, etc.